Wednesday 2 May 2012

Chicken Soup.

It is nice outside today, so I decided to make soup. Not entirely sure how they are related, but it's been a while since I've had soup. So I made some. Soup is easy. Take a bunch of things you have in your fridge that probably won't get made into anything before they spoil and boil them in a pot until they are done. That's one way to make soup. My way.

I didn't measure the water, but I assume it was 6 cups. It might have been as low as 4, but lets call it 6 because it is on the big board. Bring the water to a boil, then add all that other stuff. I peeled and chopped the broccoli stems, carrots and garlic first. I didn't bother peeling the ginger or potatoes, but they still got chopped. Chunky. I like chewing soup.

When everything is good and done, add the butter to finish it up. Adjust the seasoning as necessary and eat scalding hot. At least that's what I did. Ouch. Burning sensation aside, this soup is delicious! Super healthy too. This is the type of soup I would make for a sick person who really needed to feel better and a full belly.

Oops, I didn't polish the copper.
Soup in a dollar bowl with a chip in it. Yummers!

Things I made but didn't blog about:
  • 2 salads
  • 2 types of quiche, continental Indian and spinach
  • Pancakes
  • Mushroom burgers
  • Port ice cream dessert
  • Earl Grey iced tea
  • Bacon tomato rizotto (not risotto, it's part French)
  • Pale ale with citrus notes and a hint of lavender
  • Pineapple maple smoothie
  • I think that's all.
  • ...
  • Yeah, that's all.
As usual, if you can't read my chicken scratch or have a question, ask in the comments.

No comments: